Tuesday, June 9, 2009

U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein responding to Letter About National Pain Care Policy Act

Dear Mr. Lopez:
Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the "National Pain Care Policy Act of 2009." I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

On March 19, 2009, Senator Orrin G. Hatch (R-UT) introduced the "National Pain Care Policy Act" (S. 660), which seeks to improve pain care research, education, training, and access. S. 660 would authorize an Institute of Medicine Conference on pain care, and create a grant program to help educate and train healthcare professionals to better assess and manage pain. Currently, S. 660 is pending in the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions. While I am not a member of this committee, please know that I will keep your comments in mind should this legislation come before the full Senate.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you should have any further comments or questions, please feel free to contact my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 224-3841. Best regards.


Sincerely yours,
Dianne Feinstein
        United States Senator
Further information about my position on issues of concern to California and the Nation are available at my website http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/. You can also receive electronic e-mail updates by subscribing to my e-mail list at http://feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=ENewsletterSignup.Signup.
blog comments powered by Disqus